Altamonte Elementary school, home of the Eagles, is nestled in the city of Altamonte Springs off of Palm Springs and Pineview Streets. We pride ourselves on our high achievements among the elementary schools in Seminole County.
Altamonte Elementary is 'where students soar to success!'
What Is Title I?
Title I is a federally funded program available to school with a high percentage of students eligible for free and reduced lunch. These funds are above and beyond the district funds given to schools and are used to enhance student achievement. In Seminole County, Title I serves 16 elementary schools, two middle schools, two special centers, and five non-public schools under Part A. All staff at Title 1 schools are required to be highly qualified.
Title I Schools are Required to:
- Develop jointly with parents a written Parent Involvement Plan.
- Hold an annual meeting to inform parents of the school’s participation in the Title I program and their right to be involved in school, and to explain the requirements of Title I.Develop jointly with parents a school-parent Compact.
- The compact must state how parents, the entire school staff and students will share in the responsibility for improved student achievement and must be discussed during a parent/teacher conference.
- Provide staff training on parent involvement.
- Provide training and materials to help parents work with their children.
- Provide timely information to parents about the Title I program and offer flexible meeting times.
- Provide (if requested) opportunity for regular meetings to allow parents to participate (as appropriate) in decisions about their child’s education and respond to suggestions.
- Ensure that information sent to parents is in a format and language to the extent practicable, that parents can understand